Service Panel™ is a licensed product add-on for customers who own the Identity Panel™ Core Framework. It is designed for the user, service desk, and manager needing a portal for making, managing and tracking identities and identity requests. Using its secure REST API, it is also a request end-point for systems like ServiceNOW wanting to make requests for Identity Automation, including the option to target MIM Portal and MIM Sync Engine, Active Directory, Microsoft Flow, SQL, any common SaaS REST API, and other providers. Large enterprises use Service Panel as a key component or centerpiece to their multi-vendor end-to-end identity management infrastructure.
For end-users, Service Panel is a self-service application to allow users to make changes to themselves, track status on their requests, and search a white-pages directory. Additionally, it empowers leaders to perform similar actions on their respective teams of users. Because the UI is easily customized through the settings, companies add their logo, name, colors, and layout to produce a portal that fits with their needs and design objectives.
Service Panel's Compelling Functions
Identity Self-Help Kiosk
Powerful and clever user interface for performing self-service modifications to an attribute on a user's account. With security at every level, only attributes that are explicitly configured to support an edit flow are editable. Once a change is committed, it is written out using a workflow process to make the change in the authoritative targeted system.
Self-Help Key features
- Easy to use interface for your users, customers, and partners
- Modify multiple systems from a single form
- Supports authentication to Service Panel from Office 365 login, AzureAD, AzureAD B2C & B2B, AD, and onboarding links
- For approvals and actions, includes its own workflow plus integration with your choice of workflows from ServiceNow, Microsoft Flow, and Azure Logic Apps workflows, for approvals and actions
- Forms support auto-complete and drop-down population
- Forms support constraints on the input value's formatting (e.g. given.surname for email prefix)
- Evaluates value uniqueness and apply increments (e.g. non-conflicting email addresses)
- Preview and validate value before committing change (e.g. international phone number formatting)
Administrators and managers also manage their users using Service Panel. This includes the often requested "Code Red" feature, allowing an admin or manager to instantly disable a user's access.
Identity Request Track & Trace
See red, yellow, green lights showing your provisioning and change success and steps. This is a helpful feature when wanting to know if a mailbox has been created, or if an update has happened in all places. This feature is a critical feature for knowing a user has been disable or modified, especially in the "Code Red" scenario where a user must be disable immediately. Identity operations often go through a series of provisioning phases or steps, and these phases each have an expected duration, probed and monitored by Service Panel.
Track & Trace Key features
- Trigger a sequence based on any system scanned
- Validation sequences may have one or many steps
- Each step can have an expected start delay, warning duration, and timeout duration
- Each step can evaluate success and failure criteria
- Trigger actions on step success, failure, or timeout, such as sending notifications, opening tickets, or invoking Azure flow workflows
- Friendly self-service interface to surface details about fulfillment stages to end users
Search for Identities
Allows users to search by specific attributes or across all permitted attributes. Search data is sourced from Identity Panel, and results are composited out of data from different source systems scanned by Identity Panel. Security settings allow attribute and object visibility to be limited based on role membership and identity ownership.
Search Key features
- Display any combination of attributes from data sources monitored by Identity Panel
- Allows display of attributes from authoritative source (HR, AD, MIM Portal) to show correct current data
- Allows service desk role with separate attributes suitable for troubleshooting investigations
Service Panel is a web application, and the settings and configuration are controlled through a web-based GUI interface embedded in Identity Panel settings. Service Panel is a separate application with a distinct host-name but shares code with, and runs in the same IIS Virtual Directory as Identity Panel. Service Panel is not a standalone product, it does require Identity Panel.
- Identity Panel Core Framework
- Knowledge Package for Identity Panel (year one) subscription
- Software Maintenance (Year one) subscription
Common optional or additional items
- Software Assurance (currently included with the above Knowledge Package and renewals)
- Test Panel
- Directory Provider
- SoftwareIDM Operational Services
See Also: Comparison to MIM 2016 Portal